Hello friends. Everyone knows that buying appliances and various gadgets in Turkey has always been very unprofitable, but there are periods when the situation changes.
Now the exchange rate of the ruble against the lira, as well as the opportunity to return part of the money spent in the form of TaxFree at the airport, make buying a phone in Turkey not such a bad idea anymore! Especially for those who plan to stay in this country for a long time.
The other day I bought a new iPhone 13 Pro in Antalya, and with the help of my parents I got back almost 200 TaxFree dollars. It turned out still more expensive than in Russia, but I no longer had a choice, since Russian phones are blocked in Turkey.
Let's calculate everything and compare where it is more profitable to buy a phone now: in Turkey or Russia. Well, I’ll also tell you about the TaxFree refund at Antalya Airport…
How much do iPhones cost in Turkey now?
At the beginning of August 2022, the prices for the most popular iPhone models in Antalya are as follows:
- iPhone 12 64GB – 19,999 lira (69,600 rubles)
- iPhone 13 128GB – 22,499 liras (78,300 rubles)
- iPhone 13 Pro 128GB – 29,999 lira (104,500 rubles)
- iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB – 32,999 lire (114,900 rubles)
The most popular model is iPhone 13 Pro 259GB. This phone is only 2000 liras (7000 rubles) more expensive than the iPhone 13 Pro 128GB, but it is almost impossible to find it in stock in Antalya. You can only order, and even then not everywhere.
Initially, I also wanted an iPhone 13 Pro 259GB, but since our plan to return TaxFree with the help of parents who came to us for just a week ripened quite by accident, there was no time. So I had to buy 128GB.
In Russia, all these models are much cheaper! Even with the return of TaxFree.
My phone cost me 29,999 lira (at the current exchange rate it is 104,500 rubles ), and at the airport, 3,800 liras (13,200 rubles) were returned to his parents for him. As a result, in rubles, taking into account the return of TaxFree, my new iPhone 13 Pro 128GB cost me 91,300 rubles. If you believe Yandex.Market, then in Russia you can now buy one for74 250 rubles.
But for some reason, Russian tourists who are now buying iPhones in Antalya and applying for TaxFree on them are still VERY a lot of. Maybe I don't know something.
How to return TaxFree at Antalya Airport?
The step-by-step diagram looks like this:
1. When buying a phone or any other equipment in Turkey, be sure to ask the seller for a TaxFree form. You will need your passport to fill it out.
2. On the day of departure to Russia, you need to arrive at the airport early in order to have time to receive a tax deduction.
First of all, you need to check in for your flight, and after that, go to check-in desk number 211 (if you are flying out of terminal 2), next to which checks documents for tax refund. There you will be asked to present a receipt and goods! So don't put it in your luggage.
3. And the money will be returned to you after passing through passport control. You need to go up to the second floor, go through control and find a counter with the inscription Tax Free. The employee will accept your documents and immediately return the amount in cash (in dollars or euros).
We were refunded in dollars and a little bit in lira
If you have any questions about prices in Turkey or returns TaxFree, then ask them in the comments.
Thank you for your attention, your Mom at the Sea.