Oceanarium in Sochi — all-season entertainment for children and adults. Why does not everyone like the modern Sochi Discovery World Aquarium complex? How to get the most out of visiting the Sochi Aquarium, about the inhabitants of the underwater world, shark feeding show with photos and videos. Walk around the resort town.
Sochi Oceanarium — the largest oceanarium on the southern coast of Russia. It is also officially called the Big Adler Aquarium and Sochi Discovery World Aquarium (SDWA).
How to get to the Sochi Aquarium
The oceanarium is located half an hour from the center of Adler and an hour — from the center of Sochi. Address: Sochi, Adler district, st. Lenina, 219a/4 “Resort Town”.
from Adler: by buses No. 60, 105, 117, 124, 125, 134, stop «Izvestia» ;, walk back to the pedestrian bridge, cross the road.from Sochi: buses No. 100, 105, 124, 125, stop «Rosneft gas station», go forward.
< p>Free transfer to the aquarium in the Adler district with the purchase of 4 tickets. Purchasing tickets from the driver for cash.
Tickets and timetable
- 1 How to get to the Sochi Aquarium h2> The oceanarium is located half an hour from the center of Adler and an hour — from the center of Sochi. Address: Sochi, Adler district, st. Lenina, 219a/4 “Resort Town”. from Adler: by buses No. 60, 105, 117, 124, 125, 134, stop «Izvestia» ;, walk back to the pedestrian bridge, cross the road.from Sochi: buses No. 100, 105, 124, 125, stop «Rosneft gas station», go forward. < p>Free transfer to the aquarium in the Adler district with the purchase of 4 tickets. Purchasing tickets from the driver for cash. Tickets and timetable
- 2 The underwater world of the Sochi Aquarium
- 3 Tips: how to get the most the pleasure of visiting the aquarium?
- 4 Resort-town
During the summer season, the Sochi Aquarium is open daily from 10:00 to 20:00. Off-season from 10:00 to 18:00, closed Monday, Tuesday.
Tickets to the aquarium are sold at the box office and distributors at the same price:
- adult — 950 rubchildren 4-11 years old inclusive — 550 rubles up to 4 years free of charge Reduced ticket for disabled people of groups I and II, disabled children — RUB 400 (must have a document confirming the age of the child or benefits)
The ticket is valid for one visit until the end of the year, so it can be purchased in advance. We bought tickets at the footbridge on the way to the aquarium. Passage through the turnstiles with a barcode, you can stay inside and move between the halls as much as you want, but you can enter and exit only once. Along with the ticket, they issue a memo-rules of conduct.
- Sochi Discovery World Aquarium websitePhone: +7 (862) 246-33-56
In the animal world of the Caucasus Get acquainted with the southern fauna and hear the touching stories of the inhabitants of the Aviary Complex
The underwater world of the Sochi Aquarium
Sochi Oceanarium was opened at the end of 2009. The two-storey building with an area of 6000 m 2 consists of 13 thematic zones, a 44-meter tunnel, 30 aquariums and 5 million liters of water. If you find yourself in the aquarium in the summer, you will immediately feel a pleasant coolness, but you don’t need to dress warmly, we went in shorts and T-shirts.
The first aquarium zone is dedicated to freshwater fish. The lakes are full of colored koi that you can feed. Food capsules are sold in the vending machine. This part is well lit, beautiful photos are obtained on the bridge, among the rainforest and waterfalls. Some fish seem familiar from home aquariums, others you just won’t see: piranhas, sturgeons, inhabitants of the rivers of the Amazon, Ecuador, Australia & # 8212; more than 100 species.
The sea zone is even more exotic. Subdued light and the sound of the sea immerse you in the atmosphere of the underwater world. Turtles, moray eels, fish and mammals of different sizes, colors and degrees of danger swim in large aquariums. Information signs tell about all the inhabitants of the oceanarium, you can also take a guide.
The central part of the Sochi Aquarium is a transparent acrylic tunnel. It hosts shows. Don't miss it!
- 11:00-11:30 and 15:00-15:30 — fabulous sea heroes: Mermaids, Poseidon, Ichthyander.14:00-15:00 — fish feeding. This show used to be called «Shark Feeding», now the sharks are being fed separately off the schedule.
We have come to the start of the shark feeding. The show takes place in front of the main viewing window with an area of 24 m 2. A professional diver feeds not only sharks, but also all the inhabitants of the tunnel.
Sharks and big fish snatch food right out of hands, moray eels rub against a person like pets, the sea turtle Masha pushes with its mass and pushes everyone aside. At the end, the diver picks up the white shark from the bottom and swims away with it. Very impressive!
A walk inside the tunnel is no less interesting. Water surrounds visitors from three sides, sharks swim right overhead. We waited for the start of the show with the Mermaids. Two girls in costumes with fish tails swam among the inhabitants of the aquarium, sat on the remains of the «Sunk Ship» and took pictures through the glass with the audience.
Quest tour around the center of Sochi Explore the visiting cards of the city on foot or on scooters, solve ciphers and discover local legends
Sochi Aquarium offers additional services: diving with photography, children's day birthday, original congratulations on the holiday, marriage proposal. The lobby on the ground floor houses a café and an arcade.
After the paid zone of the oceanarium, you go through the turnstiles and find yourself in a souvenir shop. Here they sell branded and ordinary Sochi souvenirs: T-shirts with SDWA symbols, soft toys, shell products, ship models…
< img title="Oceanarium in Sochi: 10 tips before visiting" src="/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/okeanarium-v-sochi-10-sovetov-pered-poseshheniem-c3825b7.jpg" alt="Oceanarium in Sochi: 10 tips before visiting" />
A pirate from «Treasure Island» is standing in front of the entrance to the store from the side of the street, with whom everyone takes pictures. You can relax and make a wish on the benches of good luck, love, money, happiness, health, reconciliation.
From the reviews on the Internet, it is clear that not everyone likes the Adler Oceanarium. The main complaints are about the high price of the ticket and the size of the exposition. I hope you have a great time with my tips.
Fairy-tale city Sochi Interesting stories about how dreams change cities on a friendly sightseeing tour
Tips: how to get the most the pleasure of visiting the aquarium?
- The best time to visit is 14:00-16:00 Buy tickets from distributors to avoid queues Read the rules of conduct, turn off the flashlight Go to free aquariums Read the information boards, there is a lot of interesting things 5-10 minutes before the start of the fish feeding show, take a seat at the viewing window Take pictures with fabulous characters in the tunnelWear a white T-shirt to glow in the darkFeed the koi carpFind the wish funnel and fire up a coin
We had time to walk around the resort town, on the territory of which the oceanarium is located. The first thing in the path of — sculptural composition «City of fairy tales». Mosaic pools-fountains with figures of fish and marine animals were built in 1973 according to the design of Zurab Tsereteli. This work has received many awards, and now requires serious restoration.